Though the marble quarry is now disused evidence of the holes in the ground and some marble blocks are still there.
Situated between Meadows and Strathalbyn, Paris Creek is a typical dairy and sheep farming area, lush and green for nine months of the year. It was first settled c1850 when the Paris family established a peach orchard and pig farm.
The most recent arrival in Paris Creek area is an ultra-modern biodynamic dairy producing milk, cheese and yogurt products which have become a household name in South Australia and are now being exported overseas.
It was first settled c1850 when the Paris family established a peach orchard and pig farm. Marble was quarried in the area from perhaps as early as 1858 and the quarry was worked in conjunction with the quarry at Macclesfield.
Stone from this quarry has been used prominently on many local public buildings including the Anglican Church and War Memorial in Macclesfield and the Catholic Church in Strathalbyn. Paris Creek marble has also been used on the State War Memorial.